If you live in or near Bow (E3 London) and would like to join like minded sewers then it would be lovely to see you at our regular sewing bee. The group is open to all skill sets, whether you are a novice, expert or something in between. If you prefer knitting or crochet, then that is welcome too!
Two hours dedicated to working on an existing sewing project or starting a new one. I can give you some guidance if you are a complete beginner. If you are interested in joining, please sign up to the Olive Road Sewing Group or join the Facebook Group. If you have any queries or comments please email me on Sarah@oliveroad.london.
Monday evening, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Twice a month – click here for dates or join the Facebook Group
Snap Store, 465 Roman Road, E3 5LX (close to number 8 bus stop & Roman Road Market)
- Get to know your neighbours and catch up with friends
- Help each other with sewing projects and build confidence
- Possible community collaborations
- Share resources and ideas
Beginners – I can start you off with some hand sewing projects, giving you ideas and showing you some basic hand sewing techniques.
Intermediate – You are welcome to join in the beginner’s project or bring along your own project that you may need some advice on.
Experts – Please come along and share your knowledge with other sewing enthusiasts, swap ideas and finish those little projects that have been sitting in your basket for months. There is room to cut out a pattern.
Equipment – what to bring
- Your own sewing project, for example: clothes to be hemmed, holes to be repaired, an embroidery, applique or cross stitch project, alterations you need someone else to pin, a pattern to cut out, quilting, dressmaking. Anything you want to work on including knitting and crochet
- A basic sewing kit: dressmaker scissors, thread, needles & pins (Sew Amazing have a good selection of equipment and haberdashery)
Equipment Available for use
- Scissors, needles, threads & trims available for use during the session (please bring your own sewing kit if you have one)
- 2 brand new Elna sewing machines, one lovely vintage Bernina sewing machine and one Elna overlocker.
- Iron and ironing board
- Small selection of fabrics for patches and small projects
£5 per week, pay in cash on the night. Please let me know you are coming by emailing me on Sarah@oliveroad.london
I hope to see you at the Bow Sewing Bee very soon! Sarah x