Monday evening, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Are you new to sewing and are looking for some assistance? or perhaps you are already a pretty nifty sewist but can never find the time to sew? I host two regular sewing clubs in East London, offering a welcoming environment dedicated to sewing. They take place (nearly) every Monday 6:30 to 8:30pm, alternating each week between Bethnal Green & Bow.
NB: 5th, 12th, 26th November + 3rd, 10th December will be at The Create Place, Bethnal Green.
19th November, Bow Sewing Bee at Snap, Roman Road.
Two hours dedicated to working on an existing project or starting a new one. I can give you some guidance and inspiration if you are a complete beginner. If you are interested in joining, please sign up to the Bow Sewing Bee Newsletter or join the Facebook Group. It costs £5.50 per week to cover the cost of venue hire, please pre-book via the workshop page on this website. We meet at Snap, 465 Roman Road, E3 5LX (A card and gift shop close to number 8 bus stop & Roman Road Market)
Cancellation Policy: No refunds or credits if you don’t show or cancel within the 24 hour period. This is due to venue charges. A full refund is given (or you can swap to another day) by emailing email@example.com before 6:30pm the Sunday evening before the session.
A free upcycling sewing club designed to encourage and inspire you to create an outfit or accessory from something you already own. Save money, save your clothes and reduce your impact on the environment. At the same time, make some new friends and enjoy mindful sewing for two hours. Free class, no pre-booking required but please follow us on Facebook to find out more information. I run the class with Eleanor Tull, a graduate of MA in Sustainable Textiles. The class runs 3 times a month (no class 3rd Monday in the month). It takes place at The Create Place, 29 Old Ford Road, London E2 9PJ (close to Bethnal Green Tube and The V&A Museum of Childhood).
- Get to meet new people
- Help each other with sewing projects and build confidence
- Share resources and ideas
- Get inspiration on re-purposing and recycling clothes and textiles.
Equipment – what to bring
- Your own project, for example: clothes to be hemmed, holes to be repaired, an embroidery, applique or quilting project, alterations you need someone else to pin, a pattern to cut out etc.
- A basic sewing kit: dressmaker scissors, thread, needles & pins – These will also be provided if you don’t already have a kit or forget to bring it (Sew Amazing have a good selection of equipment and haberdashery)
- No hot food in the room I’m afraid, we need to keep the area clean for sewing.
- Both classes are well equipped with several sewing machines an overlocker, iron and ironing board.
- Basic sewing kit available (threads, scissors, needles, pins).
- Basket of fabric remnants available for free, suitable for small projects, patches etc.
I look forward to seeing you at a sewing club soon. Sarah x