Super versatile, these patterns and step-by-step instructions can be used time and time again. Make them into handy accessories for yourself or to give away as gifts for friends. Each pattern is designed to use up those weird shaped small pieces of fabric left over from dressmaking. Or stitch smaller pieces of fabric together to create a bigger piece. Click here for fabric scrap busting ideas.
- Betty tote bag: 90 x 60cm fabric for the bag, 21 x 21cm for the pocket, 124cm of webbing / strapping
- Mary zipper pouch: 50 x 50cm for the outer bag, 50 x 50cm for the lining (a contrast print looks effective), 8 x 8cm strip for the zip tabs, 18cm (7″) zip
- Olivia kit bag: 30 x 90cm of outer fabric, 30 x 90cm of shower resistant lining fabric*, 80cm cord, toggle (optional)
- Millie pinny: 90 x 75cm of fabric (light to medium weight fabric that is easy to wash such as cotton poplin is recommended), 85cm of contrast ribbon
- Gloria cushion cover: 2 pieces of fabric measuring 45 x 45cm, zip between 30 and 36cm long, cushion pad 40 x 40cm
- Most Cotton and Cotton mix fabric in different weights plus Nylon and Polyester.
- Avoid lightweight and delicate dress fabrics
- * Use a plastic coated lining to create a showerproof bag. An old shower curtain works well or plastic coated Rip Stop Polyester.
- Sewing thread (polyester / all sew)
- Dressmaker pins
- Scissors (fabric and paper)
- Sewing machine
- Iron and ironing board
Sign up to my newsletter to be the first to discover my new stock of vintage fabrics, 24 hours before they are available on my website.
- Taken securely via PayPal. No payment information is received or stored by Olive Road London Ltd.
- Wrapped in tissue in a recycled plastic mail bag, your parcel is posted free via 2nd class post within the UK. Upgrades to first class and special delivery options available, please get in touch.
- Olive Road London is an independent online fabric shop specialising in vintage and pre-loved fabrics. Buying vintage is a fun way to recycle and prevents textiles adding to the landfill issue, helping you to create a sustainable product or outfit with a vintage style.
Terms & Conditions
If you change your mind about your Olive Road purchase or once you receive it, it isn’t what you expected, don’t worry, I accept returns and issue a refund with these conditions:
- You have within 24 hours of ordering to change your mind and cancel your order before I dispatch it. I will issue a full refund as long as it is before the item has been dispatched.
- Once the item has been dispatched, you have 7 days in which to contact me to let me know you no longer want the item or you have changed your mind.
- You then have a further 7 days in which to send it back to me.
- As soon as it is returned and I am happy with the condition I will issue a refund.
- The customer pays for the return shipping (postage) costs.